Monday, June 8, 2009

The Great Wall

                                   (The Great Wall in 1907)

You know whats Nutz?
...Well I was reading in a book I have about things to do while your alive, and visit the Great Wall was one, got me interested in it, so I looked up exactly how long it is. Did you know it would stretch from Halifax to Vancouver then back to Manitoba?!?!? I knew it was Great, but never really compared it to something I could related to.

Talk about determination and patience it took hundreds of years, and they say upwards of 2 million slaves died building it, then when complete up to 1 million men would guard it...CRAZY!

..oh but in the end it never really worked, The barbarians, and Mongols, would just find a way, or bribe there way across. Good idea though!
Makes you wonder if the purposed American Fence between Mexico, would just be a stupid idea. People will always find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment